Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Myke

Backing up the ISA server

I have been trying to backup our ISA server for some time now, but to no avail. Using Backup Exec 10.0, I continuously receive an error message claiming that the program could not find the ISA machine on the network. When looking in My Network Places, you cannot see the ISA server, and you cannot ping it either.

Does anyone happen to know how I can get the ISA server to be backed up? It is crucial that it is including in our backups, but I have not found any solution to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alright, I've now been able to start backing up the ISA server. For anyone else experiencing the same problem, I had to open up a certain range of ports in order to actually allow the backup service to connect and read from the ISA.

However, I still am not able to see the ISA server on the network via any means, aside from viewing the ISA on the selections window in BackupExec 10.0. Because of this, I believe that the ISA's C:\ drive is not fully backing up. In fact, when comparing the numbers backed up by BE 10 and the numbers from the actual ISA files (the properties window when all of the main files are selected under the C:\ drive), the backup is missing what appears to be 1.5 GB!

Here's my question, now: What the hell is going on? It looks like every other backup job on the ISA is going through smoothly, but not the C:\ drive. Does anyone have any clue as to how I can either (1) find out which files are not being backed up without having to manually verify all 3.7 GB, or (2) find a way to be able to see and connect to the ISA from another computer on the network?

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Myke