Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crusador

Uninstall Red Hat enterprise Linux WS

hello all,

I have Red hat linux installed on my PC. Its the only OS on my PC.

I need to Uninstall it. I am a total newbie. PLease anyone cud give me the steps to uninstall it. I tried the Red Hat site, but the steps given are a bit confusing.

I have a bootable Windows 95 CD with me.

Please do help, thank you

Uninstall? Well, a quick way would be to just delete the partitions on your hard disk.

It depends on what you are now going to do with the system. If you are going to install Windows, the steps are a little more complicated, as the Windows cd will not see Linux partitions to start the installation, especially if you used the entire hard disk to install RedHat.

Are you going to install Windows, or another flavor of Linux?

If Linux, then just do an installation of the new distro and the partition will be written over by the new distro.

If Windows, you need to format the hard drive. There are a number of ways to do this. Let us know what you plan to do and a little information about your system. This will help to guide us properly. Especially if this is a Dell or Gateway system. The rules are a little different.

Originally posted by danleff:

Quote:
It depends on what you are now going to do with the system. If you are going to install Windows, the steps are a little more complicated, as the Windows cd will not see Linux partitions to start the installation, especially if you used the entire hard disk to install RedHat.

If Linux, then just do an installation of the new distro and the partition will be written over by the new distro.

If Windows, you need to format the hard drive. There are a number of ways to do this. Let us know what you plan to do and a little information about your system. This will help to guide us properly. Especially if this is a Dell or Gateway system. The rules are a little different.

i too require an help. i have celeron 1.1 GHz. and 20 Gb hard disk. i have fedora core 4 installed in me. how to format the hard disk. tell me.

...and the answer to the question that I posed;

Quote:

This is not a Dell or Gateway system and is a desktop system?

If you are going to install Windows, what version are you going to install?

Do you still have the Fedora disks?

What I am getting at, is what are you going to be doing with the hard drive and what possible drive formatting utilities that you might have on hand.

The answer lies in what you want to do with the system and the best way to accomplish it.