Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mctonale

Free alienware pc for all (UK)

SPAM

Not welcome in any forum I frequent, pimp yourself somewhere else.

This is bullshit, and nothing more, just plain SPAM. As for gmail requests, there are none, there is an offer of gmail though, which is a joke, who cares? What the hell is so great about gmail?

You, on the other hand, intend to profit from your post, that's SPAM dude, and nothing more.

Spammers blow chunks.

I have a dog named Chunks.

I see your point but I have seen many people selling in this forum.

I joined this site to help people with there computer and I have found a way of helping people get there hands on a kickass pc for free.

Shal we just leve it up to the modorators?

Originally posted by mctonale:

Quote:
I see your point but I have seen many people selling in this forum.

I joined this site to help people with there computer and I have found a way of helping people get there hands on a kickass pc for free.

Shal we just leve it up to the modorators?

Dude, I have no prob with leaving this up to the mods, wherever they may be, I can't remember the last time I saw anything modded in here. x)

There are forums for selling stuff, and those are the places that this type of post should be made, otherwise a forum can turn into an advertising free-for-all.

I'm sure you understand what I mean. How many of these systems have been "won" so far? Do they post links to pics of the winners? Can you verify that there really are winners?

It has "scam/spam" written all over it, someone is making money off the clicks, I guarantee that.

I have no problem if the modorators feel it should be moved.

As for spam/scam:

I haven't received any spam and the BBC have investigated the same site when they did it with ipods. They found nothing suspicious.

I wouldn't get involved if I was suspicious.

BTW several of the NT Compatible banner adds are for exactly the same thing (Ipods though).

Quote:

BTW several of the NT Compatible banner adds are for exactly the same thing (Ipods though).

Which are being run and fed by Google Ad Servers wink

Quote:
I have no problem if the modorators feel it should be moved.

As for spam/scam:

I haven't received any spam and the BBC have investigated the same site when they did it with ipods. They found nothing suspicious.

I wouldn't get involved if I was suspicious.

I'm saying that "YOU" are spamming, you're advertising a site, and asking people to help you scoop this elusive system.

BTW, did you check out how many systems have been won yet? Surely they post the winners' names, right? You've looked into that, right?

Nah, not being a suspicious fellow, you just jumped in head-first without testing how deep the water was first. If it's not a scam, where is the list of winners?

Forget it, common sense can't be taught, it's acquired.

I've yet to see a pic of the system, or the winner. Who is "Matt Whittle", where does he live, and where's the pic of him accepting his prize?

Ten pounds, that's about $25 Canadian, to enter this contest, so first off, nothing is free here.

This has "pyramid scheme" written all over it, that's obvious.

Okay, I'm done with this thread, carry on mate. laugh

Well im sure betfair, ntl and the other sponsors wouldn't get involved if it was a scam.

What would a photo prove?

ntcompaitble asks "please support our sponsors" are you saying that this site supports pyramid scemes?

At the end of the day all I have layed out is £10 into a betfair account that I can get back at any time.

Will let you know when (or if) i get my Alienware.

From the Terms and Conditions:

By registering for an account on AlienwareGiveaway.co.uk, you agree to receive any 3rd party messages that we wish to send to you. Including, but not limited to, 3rd party advertisements and offers.

I don't really want more spam then I already get now so I will pass on this offer.

This is a pyramid scam and nothing more. You should know better then to think that something like this is legit. And if you really believe that you will get a free PC then I have a bridge and some land to sell you.

S

Well it has been a while.

I have 31 referals (thanks), but none with completed offers (Took 4 weeks for mine to be confurmed).

Still no spam.

Havn't lost anything, but i still think it was worth a try. bought a new computer anyway (see profile). still wouldn't mind an area 51 though, looks like if they are ever goinig to send me one it won't be soon.

Why the 9250? Dude, 9800 or better, or go nVidia 6600GT. What's with the 9250? This is a new system, I don't get it, unless you don't do any gaming...... :x

GPU was an upgrade.

9250 =£24

I not in a position where I can justify £80+ just for garphics. maybe I will be able to update it in the future.

could have got a Geforce FX5200 for roughly the same price but vendor had this.

It does what I want well (MOHAA + TV).

Quote:
GPU was an upgrade.

9250 =£24

I not in a position where I can justify £80+ just for garphics. maybe I will be able to update it in the future.

could have got a Geforce FX5200 for roughly the same price but vendor had this.

It does what I want well (MOHAA + TV).

Lessee, 80 Pounds is close to $200+ Canadian, yeah, that's a bit of a difference. laugh

Yeah, if you're not into gaming, no need to get a killer gaming card. I had the 5200, it's in my wife's system now, not a gaming card either, tis why she has it now.

If you can play MOH with that 9250, be happy you didn't get the FX5200, although it has DX9 support, in every other way, especially performance, it was a downgrade compared to my Voodoo 3000 AGP.

BTW has anyone checked out my 'desktop sidebar' button?

I think it is the most useful (free) app I have ever downloaded.