Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

How do you like the front page of NTCompatible? (Content)

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Philipp,

Sorry for any delay. Yes, using the Bold option vastly improves the readability, although I'd say that pushing up the font size by another point or two is desirable. Also, I'd like to make it clear that this vast improvement is only sensibly viewable in Internet Explorer on my dual-browser setup. In Firefox, for example, the entire layout of your homepage gets moved around and, as before, long strips get generated, with lots of blank areas around. I've tried putting Firefox's default fonts back, but that's made no difference. I think maybe the default fonts and default sizes don't actually return when you uncheck 'Use My Fonts' in Firefox.

At present, in both IE and Firefox, your webpage now, width-wise, occupies 10" of my available 16", which is certainly an improvement but, for my 20" monitor, is still wasting a lot of screen space.

Do keep trying to improve it. Check how things work out, using the Firefox browser (as well as IE), if you can. Then, if you settle on a good compromise, you'll be able to tell me which default fonts and sizes to use in Firefox. Note that, in Firefox, I set my minimum fontsize to 15.

Of course, you might very well be able to reach a very good compromise on this. However, in order for me to continue using Firefox for other completely different websites, I'll still need to use my customised Firefox font settings. As I said at the start of this whole discussion, the fault lies with all those other webpage designers; you're the first to take this seriously (and I applaud you for that). Your current provision of an Appearance option on the homepage is a good idea.

Is the bold font now better? You may need to clear your browser cache. Are there still display glitches with Firefox?

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issues with Firefox at all frown

Here my screenshots:

Firefox 1.07 under Windows XP SP2

http://www.ntcompatible.com/images/ntc-firefox.tiff

Internet Explorer 6 under Windows XP SP2

http://www.ntcompatible.com/images/ntc-ie.tiff

Safari 2.0.2 under MacOS X 10.4.3

http://www.ntcompatible.com/images/ntc-safari.tiff

Great. I just upgrade to the new Firefox 1.5 and have now the glitches as well ;(

It seems like that the current Mozilla rendering engine have issues with div's

What do you mean by 'display glitches', Philipp?

With Firefox, I'll try clearing the cache, as you've suggested, and then I'll get back to this forum again.

Personally, I preferred things as they were before you embarked on this whole recent change, as your webpage still occupies only about half my screen width, in both IE and Firefox.

Yeh, I noticed Firefox 1.5 came out today, and I've downloaded it, but I'll not install it until I hear feedback from real usage. Experience has demonstrated that bugs in it will likely remain or new ones get introduced.

I'll maybe send you my latest IE and Firefox screenshots, Philipp. Bear in mind I'm using Win2k and v1.0.4 Firefox.

Everything is Great , one thing i did not see a place to introduce yourself , i know everyone has a Profile - but there should be like an introduction area - also one could list why they came , what skills they Have . Other than that I see a Lot of Educated People smile QC