Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rbdaniel

LandWarrior hosting and playing problems

Hello everyone

I wanted to know if anyone can help me. I have 2 computers that I wanted to play LandWarrior with using both computers at home. I have tried to Host/Play on one PC and Search join on the other. Using IPX and on Novaworld.com /

I have tried connecting my Pcs through either a Netgear FSM726 switch that I have and also tried using my other router a Linksys (wireless) router both have to be connected into a Westell (Bellsouth) router for my DSL.

The online help for Novalogic mentions:

Answer:

DSL/Cable Routers (NAT being Network Address Translation devices like cable/dl routers.

""*** Some firewalls act like NAT devices too.) take the IP address given you by your ISP and split it into mutiple addresses on the subnet of your LAN. ***""

To connect to Novaworld each computer joining MUST have its own distinct IP address. This is the address that your ISP gave you and not the one on the subnet of the router.

If you are hosting a game from behind a router you will need to set the outbound port, or trigger and the incoming port the same as the firewall ports for the game.

You can play behind a NAT device. But you CAN NOT have multiple clients behind a single NAT device because of the requirement that each computer connecting must have its on distinct IP address.

You will need to contact the manufacture of the router for assistance on how to accomplish the set up. We do not supply support for the router.

What do they mean by spitting the IP Address??

Thanks for your help