Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WRX_Rocky

ASUS A8N SLi Deluxs and Bios problems

For the longest time, I couls not update the BIOS on my motherboard to anything higher than 1007. And with the new AMD 64 4000+ CPU and the new SATA II HD I got, it was needed to get to the latest BIOS, 1013. Well, I finally got 1013 to work!

The fix was to allow the COMPLETE install of the latest NVidia drivers, INCLUDING the NVidia IDE drivers. But then the problem with that, is for example, Battlefield 2 does not always load properly, and many times can not play the game. One of the top reasons their support folks say, is to get rid of the NVidia IDE drivers! It messes with the CD/DVD rom drives, and causes all sorts of problems. Same goes with many other games.

I tried the NV latest, 6.66, so will see if that still has the problems with the games. But untill I loaded the IDE drivers, I could not get 1013, 1011, or even 1008 to work! Doing research on the Microsoft Knowledge Base, the BSOD error of 0x0000007B meant that there was a problem with the drivers for the hard drives, so that is what lead me to install the NV versions. Hope this helps others.