Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stradric

3com US robotics Winmodem in win 2000

I got NT 4 drivers for my US robotics 56k winmodem and when i go to dial, it says can't open the port. I've tried everything. Anyone have this problem?

i have the same modem and its easy to fix, all i did was disable com ports 1&2 in bios then in windows 2000 remove the us robotic drivers, go to controll panel and do a search for a modem, it will find an unknown modem and install microsoft defalt drivers.

I did that. When it installed the unknown modem, the drivers won't work for it. I can connect but if I try to disconnect, dial-up-networking will stop responding. It's probably the driver giving wrong commands.

Hasnt Us robotics created drivers yet. A friend of mine has this modem and he uses a default 28k drivers from MS.

My friend has the same problems with his 56k v90 US obotics modem, cannot open port, he's tried every driver that win2000 has, thats what he says anyway

whats your modems serial# i got a 00568303 using microsofts 5.0.2167.1 drivers, dont even bother trying any 3com nt4.0 drivers they wernt made for nt5.0

Yep, that's the exact modem i have. Nothing works. I tried using standard modem drivers and i can connect but when i try to disconnect the dial-up-networking freezes. 3com should be on top of this. I'm angry.

its a 56k winmodem but windows does not have drivers for it that work at 56k so it only runs at 28K. If you guys want a good cheap winmodem that works in win2k try the diamnd supraexpress

well my 56k is going in the garbage next month im getting a 6mb downstream cable modem i just hope it will work on win2k

my winmodem works it installs as a TI winmodem and I only can connect at 33.6 it totaly sucks, 3com sucks dick and won't release any windows 2000 drivers

Yeah dude, that's what i'm saying. 3com blows. They should have had drivers made before windows 2000 came out. They just suck. I hate modems. I want my ethernet back.

I have the same USR PCI 56k modem - currently running using this driver: '3com windows modem ADI PCI' on com4

It blows for connect speeds (always 44 - 45k) and in games its worse than a 28.8

can anyone reccomend the right driver I should use?

If not I am getting back my Lucent clone - half the price and twice the performance!