Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kharn

Another FF7 related question

I don't know if there are any other FF7 questions on here but from a quick post picked up by Google says there are but I couldn't find any through this forum search engine.

Anyway,

I have FF7 running on win XP, but not correctly. I cannot enter the chocobo race, if I do then I get a win XP error message which forces the game to close. Furthur more sometimes when fighting the Ruby warrior near the end of the game it can preform an attack which does the same error as the chocobo race.

After looking at the game configurations under the test check section it lists an error under "8 bit textured pallet". Is this what's causinng the errors?

Also sometimes when I go to save the game it'll frezze there thus meaning the game must be closed down unsaved.

Is there any way to fix these problems?

If not then I'll just have to resort to playing the game over on my older computer with Win 98.

1. Buy PS1/PS2.

2. Buy FF7 and Enjoy

or

1. Buy FF7 for PS.

2. Download EPSX

3. Play FF7 and enjoy.

Avoid the the PC version.

I did look around on these forums for other FF7 threads and I eventually found one.

This below is a quote from what someone said.

///

not long ago i got my hands on ff7 pc version installed it,used winxp patch and everything was fine.

///

So is there really a win XP patch for the game and if so does anyone know where to find it?

Nevermind,

I found the patch and the game now plays 100% perfect.

In case any one else wants to know, you can find the patch over at gamespot.com