Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Christianb

How can I flash my Creative Muvo TX FM (MP3 Player)?

Hi Gang,

I can't update the firmware of my Creative Muvo TX FM, before we go further yes I'm sure that's the model name, because that's exactly what it's identified when I plug it in via USB. I updated the firmware once long ago and recall something about that, but I can't remember how to do it. Has anyone sucessfully installed the latest firmware dated Aug 19th, 2005?

Firmware Download Page

When I run the previous firmware update it'll work without a hitch. Some instructions have indicated that if I hold down play before I stick the player into my USB slot, and continue to do so for 10 seconds thereafter it'll be in recovery mode, but even after doing that it doesn't work. Also there's nothing wrong with my play button I use it all the time smile. I can't verify that those instructions are correct though, because the PDF manual for the device doesn't even contain the word recovery frown.

Also when I stick it in the OS is recognizing the device just fine and creating a workable drive F:\. I already erased all the files off the drive, thinking that would help.

Cheers,

Christian Blackburn

The plot thickens, when I hold down play and insert the 1GB drive portion into my USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 controllers it's no longer identified as a Muvo TX FM, but rather a "STMP3500". Any ideas?

Okay, I figured it out you have install the drivers, which Creative Lab's download page clearly list as being ONLY FOR WIN98SE. That is pretty lame considering I didn't have to install them with any previous firmware updates. Also there is no indication of what I needed to when you try to flash the device. Additionally lame, is the fact that it just says you're not in recovery mode, rather than actually telling you how to get there (duh!).

Put%20Device%20in%20Recovery%20Mode.png

Oh well another computer related customer service nightmare to the record books (10 Trillion and 1 and counting...).

You can read about the new driver update on NomadNess.net which seems to be a pretty cool MP3/Creative Labs news site.

Cheers,

Christian Blackburn