Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley De Leeuw

Ics on windows 2003 server std. edition

Hello,

I am new here and have the same problem as jivoien . I was searching for my problem on the internet and stumbled upon this forums.

My problem is I can not share our internet connection in our LAN. We have a Windows 2003 server which has an Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem connected to it. I wish to share this internet connection to the rest of Windows XP Pro computers in our LAN.

ICS does not seem to work(Is it because AD, DNS, WINS or DHCP is enabled in the win 2k3 server?) So I decided to configure a NAT but then I have problems making the modem appear as one of the interfaces for a NAT/Basic Firewall setup.

Any help would be appreciated or links that I can read about this topic. I have exhausted all the information in the microsoft support web site.

Thank you and best regards to evryone!

...and as peterh said above, you need to setup RRAS on the server.

Alternatively, ditch the USB modem and buy an ADSL router instead - much easier.

Hello

If you are using a proxy server then 1st you should need to configure all protocols with your proxy server.

2ndly if you want to share your internet connection then you must stop the WebSite serevices from your Administrative Tools.

just go to IIS Services on your server and stop all the services except smtp then your internet will automaticaly share with your clients.

if its will not work then contact me i will tell you all the details hmyasir@hotmail.com, punjabina4you@yahoo.com