Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manwithbigknife

Full Throttle

Ok so i am new here and so if by making this topic i perform some kind of taboo like asking a question that has been discussed multiple times before or posting in the wrong place or something please forgive me.

anyways i just bought the old lucas arts game full throttle over ebay and when i installed it i encounted the old sound problem, which is that it doesnt have my sound card compatible. so ive been looking around for some emulators or something that i can work with. i tried soundfx2000 but it is too expeensive. then i tried scummvm, also unsecessufl because it kept on saying that it coudlnt find my game. then i found a very old thread from this very site and someone said to use VDM sound but i cant even figure out how to use it and when i read the rest of that thread someone said it doesnt even work for full throttle. so can someone please help me.

yes i am already aware of scummvm.org because i already tried that but it wont work. it just says that it cant find game in that directory, even though im sure its in the directory i choose. its all very frustrating

ok so NOW i got it to work using vdm sound but its very unclear. now i found this thread at this very site which says:

Some people could not get Full Throttle to work with VDM Sound. But with the right configuration it works wirh perfekt sound and music.

Using VDMSound 2.0.4 with Launchpad:

The only thing that is very important to get a clear sound is to set in the Soundblaster tab:

DSP Ver-> (1.05 Soundblaster 1.x).

The same goes for the soundsetup inside Full Throttle.

And don`t enable Vesa Support! It will slow down the Game, especially for the most Lucasarts games.

Now my problem is... what does that mean? all i got from that is to use soundblaster but i dont understand which one to use. and how do i know if vesa support is enabled, and if it is enabled how do i unenable it?!

hey buddy. your in luck. Go to www.abandonia.com to download DOSBOX for win. I have full throttle and I used this emulator to run it. It works beautifully. the best way to run it is to copy the enitre contents of the cd of full throttle to a folder in the directory where you have DOSBOX and then run dos box (the website abandonia.com has a lttle tourital that gets you started with dosbox. READ IT!!) and run the IMUSE.exe file found in FULLTH~1/RESOURCE folder to choose your soundblaster compatible sound card. then run the FT.exe also found in the FULLTH~1/RESOURCE FOLDER to play the game.