Sign in to follow this  
avirex

sapphire radeon 9200 se Problem in CS 1.6

hi

here are my specs

intel pentium 4 3ghz 40gb hd

sapphire radeon 9200 se 128mb AGP

512 mb ram

now the problem i get in Counter Strike is whenever i see an enemy or a corpse or a battle My fps drops from 100-50fps and it really affects my performance. my resolution in cs 1.6 is 800x600 and color is at 16bit, fps_max is at 101.. vsync is off, AA/AF is off.. My driver i am using is the latest ATI Omega Catalyst 5.7 driver, it is supposed to be better than the regular catalyst, but I still get the FPS drop frown I tried Omega Catalyst 3.7 but it made things worst (i donno why), CS wouldnt even open, so I just kept with the 5.7 addition. I cannot buy a new video card at this moment so i am stuck with this one..

Can anyone please tell me what to do to fix this so i can get a 100fps constant? Thank you all in advance

CS 1.6 is not really optimized for new video card. It's based on half-life which is old.

but what is your desktop resolution ???

Try setting the same rez in game and on the desktop.

Are you using OpenGL , D3D or software mode ???

D3D is slower than OpenGL and trust me ... the only difference between our comp is 40gig of hdd space and I can my fps up in the 70+ except in non-official map like fy_icewolrd2k.

i dont use d3d, i use opengl.. but in a official map i would still drop to about 50fps when i see enemy or when i shoot at them.. my desktop resolution is 1024x768 and my cs resolution is 800x600

i have the same prob with a fx5200

evry time i start half live or a mod i get 50fps when i see a enemy , teamate or something like this

i dont think its a problem with the cfg because im using a blizzard cfg but i would be interrested in the meaning of other gamers ill seek a lil bit more in other foren

(i hope my english is not that bad ^.^)