Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
indierocker774

HALF-LIFE 2 installation/ .cab error

If any of you would help me, it would be immencly needed. Ive woned two copies of HL2. Both copies were on CD's and they both give me the same crap each time. i'll be installin disk one, a few minutes into instaling it'll say

" Copying new files

Bas source models .gcf" ...and so on.

However, as io always reach this point, it'll pop up with "Error 1335, the abinet file "hl2.cab" required for installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

so that's been killing me. what should I do?

I've searched online for soltions but all that i've found, and this also came on a little note in the package was to install both hlf2 and c.s. due to some misplaced files, but i honeslty don't know how to do that either. if anyone can think back to the installtion screen and tell me how to choose both to install, i'd greatly appreciate it. up to this point, ive ony played the demo but i would realy like to play this full on.

thanks

Most times when i get errors like that during an install it indicates you have an issue with your RAM. does your comp have one stick or two?. if you have two then take one out and try again if it fails one more time then switch the stick of ram for the other one and try again.

If you only have one stick in the computer then see if you can borrow some as it would be a pain to buy some only to have the issue again and I don't want to make you spend money for a fix that might not work.

try that first and also if you can provide more details as to your system specs, IE mobo video card Os etc

txs

S

it's not my RAM. it' a known issue for HL2 users, i just can't seem to find a solution. Everyone says select both cs and hl2 to install but i just dont see that option. my systems fine. i just must need some serious help.