Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rock_Star

I Really Need Help! Problem Transfering File From Media!!! Please Help!!

bold textDudes! Whenever i try and install the sims 2, it gets to about 40% and then an error boz comes up saying:

"A problem occured when trying to transfer the file:

'TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims10.package' from the media.

Would You Like To Retry to copy this file or abort the intalltion?"

Please Help me! What do I do?!?

Originally posted by rock_star:

Quote:
bold textDudes! Whenever i try and install the sims 2, it gets to about 40% and then an error boz comes up saying:

"A problem occured when trying to transfer the file:

'TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims10.package' from the media.

Would You Like To Retry to copy this file or abort the intalltion?"

Please Help me! What do I do?!?

cd is either dirty or damaged look for another copy of cd email me and i can tell u were to get one ONLY IF YOU OWN THE GAME!

Isnt there another way to get through the errors with out buying another cd and i own one but it doesnt look like there is any scraches or anything and i get the message E:\TSData\UserData\Neighborhoods\N001\N001_neighborhood.package it says that around 91%.................

and i dont know what to do and i cant replace it so is there any other way

You may also have a memory problem. You will often get messages like that when your RAM is about to go. If you have two sticks take one out and try again. If You only have the one stick then try to borrow on and if you can't you MAY have to look at getting new ram.

You could try running MEMTEST on your Ram to see if it's an issue however on more then occassion I have had memtest tell me the ram was okay when it was defective.

S