Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Quartz

Firefox v1.0.6 under NT4

Has anyone had any luck installing Firefox 1.0.6 under NT4? The Firefox web site says it's compatible with NT4, but when I tried installing it, the setup program ends right after it verifies the files, without any notice. I tested it under my 2K machine, and it installed fine. I have all the latest NT4 service packs and updates as well.

Have you surfed to the directory manually in your Program Files folder?

Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:
Have you surfed to the directory manually in your Program Files folder?

Of course. It never installed. The setup program halts before it even begins to install it. I would like to hear from others who have actually got Firefox 1.0.6 to install on NT4...

Wish I was at a computer that I could test with. Visiting my parents and VPC/Vmware doesn't work on their K63. Qemu works.....but it'll be painful to install NT4.

I believe there is a non-installer ver of firefox for win32...probably the nightly builds.

After doing some extensive testing, it seems firefox requires IE to be installed in order for the installer to work. That doesn't make any sense at all. The whole point of firefox is to be an IE alternative, yet it depends on the existence of IE in order to install...