Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cloud99ff

What should I choose X700pro or 9800pro or 6600 PCI-e graphic card

I want to set up the gaming computer but i am quite confusing with the Graphic card that what I want to use whether PCI-E X700Pro or 9800Pro or 6600.

Can u tell me which one is better???

I personally own an X700 Pro along with an X800 Pro for my gaming rig.

The X700 model is very good for the price, well at least here in the states you can get the X700 Pro with 256MB of frame buffer for about $200.

When I was pricing the 6600 GT, I found some for about $250.

What you need to look at is some of the basic specs for each GPU and of course look at some sites like Toms Hardware Guide and the like that performance rate the different GPU's.

You may find that a few frames differnce will not really be apparent on your machine except for the pricing of each card of course wink

I've heard good things about both the current gpu's from ATi and nVidia so you mainly are going to vote with your pocket book.

If you can get a 9800 Pro for dirt cheap, this is still a very good card, just doesn't have the extra GPU features that both the GeForce 6 series and the X6/7/8 series have.

Heh, if you're setting up a gaming computer, and you have two PCI-E choices, why do you have an AGP choice in there as well? Don't even bother with the 9800 Pro anymore, they were great when they came out, but the X600-X850 cards are way more powerful, and same goes for the GeForce series. I don't put much stock in PCI-E just yet, but it is the future, and my beloved AGP is going the way of the dodo now, so if you're going to build yourself a brand spankin' new computer for gaming, go the PCI-E way, and I'd reccomend either the X700 or the 6600 GT. But, food for thought, most, if not all, the 6600 GT cards are only 128Mb, and a 256Mb card will have a much longer life before you have to upgrade it.

Good luck