Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tool_462

Upgraded RAM issues!!!

Hey all!

I just bought a stick of PQI DDR-333 (PC2700) 1GB, and I am replacing Samsung DDR-333 256MBx2. I used the wrist strap when I installed it and everything, and when I turn my PC on, nothing comes up on screen. My motherboard makes one long beep, and unlimited number of short beeps after that. I am 99.99% sure that it is compatible, (my motherboard is capable of up to 2GB of ram) and its the same speed as my old ram. Is the stick DOA? or what can i do? Some troubleshooting guides have mentioned changing some settings in my BIOS but I didnt fully understand what i was supposed to do. I have an Intel 845GV motherboard. Any help or suggestions on what i have to change would be great!

Thank you in advance smile

Hey Tool,

I don't know what type of computer you are running but I know with a Dell system that you need to have both memory slots full to work properly. I ran into that problem awhile back.

Good luck with your problem

I have an eMachines computer. But it came with 256MB and I had added another stick, so it should be working with only one stick in there, since it had worked before.

Intel Celeron 2.8Ghz processor

Nvidia MX4000 video card (128MB)

160GB Seagate HDD

Internal LG 12x DVD/RW

512MB RAM (Should be 1GB once i figure this out :))

Please! anyone that knows what happens when the RAM stick is just DOA, could u post here and tell me what it does? I need to return a DOA stick within 7 days of delivery to get a new one, so as soon as you can!

Thank you very much! smile