Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adec1023

can anyone help with the sound

hi i have desk top which is win98se. all i was doing was trying for this pc to recognize my sony clie PDA as a removable drive. so for that i went to device manager and it said that PCI multimeida audio card or what doesnt have driver. so i did net search and found someone said to download driver so iwent to these sites whihc are crystal and cirrus logic and also driverguide and from all these i downloaded the driver. i think i also downloaded and tried to start a driver or something which i didnt need. anyway then it showed the following ( i have copied this from somwhere but this looks exactly the same of what i encountered

CS32BA11.DRV

VSNDSYS.386 is not present

I press ok twice and then get

Roland MPU-401

A Configuration or Hardware problem has occured. Use the Driver's option in the control panel to reconfigure the MPU-401 driver.

now all my pc does is to start in safe mode and then if i tell it to do a restart it doesnt just shuts down and then i press the shut off button and again it starts in safe mode

So in a diffrent forum somone told me to do this

Restart your computer and hold down the F8 key, as soon as you see the menu that allows you to go to safe mode, don't go to safe mode but pick "Command Prompt Only". Should be number 5 in the list. As soon as you get the DOS prompt, ( C:\ ) type in, scanreg /restore and pick a date to before you tried to install the driver/s.

NOW the problem is I Just found out the speaker icon is gone and there is no sound coming from my pc anymore.where to look for it ? and how to play the sound again?

can anyone help me ? i would be very grateful

i just want it to start as before. also i have no backup cd or anything. somone gave us this pc. also i am a real novice at this. please explain as clearly as u can.

Thanks a lot

adec