Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sarvaiya_mitesh@yahoo.com

Installing Window NT on 250 GB Maxtor Sata HDD

Dear All,

I am trying to install Window NT on my PC. Currently it is having windows XP installed (Came with Dell Dimension 4700 package). I am planning to install Window NT instead of Window XP.

I changed the boot sequence and inserted the window NT CD in CDROM.

Window NT Setup Screen appeared and then I pressed Enter to continue to install Window NT.

Its not detecting my hard drive.(SATA 250 GB HDD).

How should I go ahead and install windows NT now, How can i make my system detect my hard drive now.

I tried to search for the installation at certain website, but they just mentioned to press f6 when system is searching hardware. I tried to do that , but then I am not having manufacture disk. Checked at Maxtor website, they are saying they dont supply driver disk..Please let me know how should I go ahead now.

Regards

Mitesh

You need to find the driver disk for the manufacturer of the IDE controller. If it's built onto the motherboard which is my guess, and because it's a Dell, it'll likely be Intel's website you'll need to search.

Find out what model of the motherboard.

You'd probably be better off running NT4 under Vmware or MS VPC under Windows XP...

Dear All,

I searched for the Sata Driver on the Website. Versio is:

Version 10032 of the SiI3x12 Windows RAID driver

I pressed f6 when the window was booting and then pressed S to install additional driver. I selected others and install the driver.

After this this silicon image driver was displayed on the list.

I pressed Enter to continue but still it was not showing up my hard disk.

Regards

Mitesh