Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hicklin

Strange DNS replies

Hi all,

Topic (DNS PROBLEMS I THINK)

I know all you pepole r busy but i was wondering if you could possable spare the time to help me out?.

here go's

1 if any of my user mistype a URL in to IE6 eg www.ffff (NO TLD) they get a website returned to the www.domainca.com..

2 the network look's like this windows 2003 server running ISA 2000 + patchs this server has Websense 5.5 for web site filters

ipsetup on isa box

ip 10.80.X.X

subnet 255.X.X.X

gateway 10.80.X.X

pri dns 10.80.X.X

sec dns 158.43.128.1

3 if you go to the isa box and type ping www.freferfre and press enter you get.

pinging www.freferfre.my domian name.com [211.106.65.103] with 32 bytes of data:

request timed out

the problem is that 211.106.65.103 is this problem site named www.domainca.com?.....

ps yes i have also tried other external DNS servers for the secondry

please can anyone help me with this.

Best regard Hicklin.

Hi Hicklin,

www.domainca.com is a Korean site. It goes by the name KRNIC Korea Network Information Center and the range of ips they have are 211.104.0.0 - 211.119.255.255. For a really great tool to use for WHOIS and NsLookups try this site out. The site is free, http://www.all-nettools.com/toolbox

Hi Hicklin,

I'm having the same problem as you have. I have a Win 2003 server which is connected to the internet and I share the connection across my LAN from this server. When I point my Primary/Secondary DNS on my workstation to this server, most of my request resolve to www.domainca.com (211.106.65.107).

Did you get a solution for this? Please help.

Thanks,

Srini