Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janfebmar

Disable PC-speaker alerts.

Hi

Ive never experienced it before, but I have never heard about it either. I hate error/alert messages with sound, so the first thing I do when i install a clean windows is to disable all such sounds :

control panel -> sounds and audio devices -> sounds, and select no sound theme. this is a standard thing to do, because i hate alert notifications.

But I really dont know how to disable the "wrong password" sound when entering user/login to windows OR the new email sound that comes when a recieve a new email (which is my main problem).

I get around 100 emails a day and when the PC-Speaker makes that awful sound all the time its starting to piss me off.

Yes i know there is a really easy solution to this problem, pull out the PC-Speaker. Yes, i know.

That would solve the problem, but instead ill make new ones.

For example i cant solve any hardware problems which might arise on boot, i could put it back it, but thats only a workaround.

Would be nice if anybody could help me on this "not so big problem, but nevertheless an awful annoying one" smile

"i expect alec to be the first one out on this ;)"

Best of Regards

Eirik S

Try this: go into device manager, select the "Show hidden devices" option, go to "non plug and play device" find that device named "Beep" and set it to disabled. Reboot.

Or get TweakUI and choose the General tab, and turn off the "Beep on Errors" option.

Originally posted by Wilhelmus:

Quote:

Try this: go into device manager, select the "Show hidden devices" option, go to "non plug and play device" find that device named "Beep" and set it to disabled. Reboot.

Or get TweakUI and choose the General tab, and turn off the "Beep on Errors" option.

Ofcourse, i knew i didnt have that problem before. was so long since my last reinstall i had totally forgot tweakui smile

thanks mate.

now lets hope it removes the annoying new email recieved too smile

Best of thanks from

Eirik S.