• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dackmilliken

dackmilliken

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:31 AM

I installed CoD with the loki installer. I try to use WINE to start CoDMP.exe. It shuts off my monitor and does not do anything else.

I have an ATI 9500 128 MB DDR with the latest drivers installed. I am running LINUX kernel 2.6.11-1.35 with the distro Fedora Core 4.

I know my machine is capable of running Call of Duty because I used to run it in Windows with no problems. I have tried to run it as root. GLXGEARS runs fine with 2000+ FPS.

I am new to linux, I only know the very basics.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Thank you for your time.

#2 OldSpiceAP

OldSpiceAP

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:27 PM

what version of wine are you using? I don't know about the call of duty instaler but does it come with its own version of wine? When you start wine without any arguements i.e. just type wine in a terminal, what is the output?

#3 ahessling

ahessling

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:38 PM

Hi!

I may have the same problem as you have.
Try to switch to console by pressing Strg+Alt+F1 and kill wine (killall -SIGKILL wine or wine-preloader should do the job).
Then switch back to X by pressing Alt+F7 and look for an error message.

I also stated my problem, you might look here:
http://www.rage3d.co....php?t=33821114

#4 air nasty foo

air nasty foo

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

I also have a similar problem. The error pops up and says " there is something wrong with Codmp.exe and must close. Sorry for the inconvinience. I have no idea what "WINE" is but it might have something to do with the problem. I am not a fluent computer jargon speaker, but can someone help? That would be a huge help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq