Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jeemedia

Audio Video streaming using Flash Communication Server

I am currently working on a modeling web site and I want to offer a online portfolio where models can post their photos, audio and video files, thus making it a multimedia based portfolio.

Here is the list of the files I plan to allow the models to upload in their portfolio

Photos - .gif, .jpg, .bmp

Audio - .mpeg, wma, mp3 and wav

Video - .avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .mov

I am trying to find a way for users of this site to view the audio/video files without having any file format specific plug-in or player installed on their desktops. So far I have concluded that it would be best if somehow I can manage to stream down the audio and video files on the client’s browser in Flash format then this would require the clients to have only a Flash browser plug-in which is a very common plug-in now a days.

I think all this could be done using Flash Communication Server and I am working on that. However I am sure that we do not some 3rd party applications like Flix Engine http://flix.on2.com/ and similar tools.

Any help, advice or pointers on this matter would be highly appreciated. If anyone has developed such a feature in the past then I am also open to buying that from him (of course I can’t pay a lot of money).

Let me know.

Thanks

Paresh