Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NARCoMAN

MECHWARRIOR 2: MERCENARIES WORKING WIN 95

Open windows explorer, open the activision folder on your C: drive. Open the mercenaries folder and highlight everything. Now right click on the MERCS Blue window looking icon and (NOT THE HORNED SKULL) and check all options in the compatibility window and run for 98/ME.

Now unslect everything and double click on the same MERCS blue window thing. Mine fired up with a slow moving mouse but it worked.

It can only be run using this method. clicking the name on the start menu list does not work. You need only dbl click the MERCS window icon thing to run.

Your not running the Windows version. When you click on the "MERCS blue window thing" aka "Mercs.exe" your executing the DOS version of Mercs....not the Windows ver.

Nice try tho. wink

Yeah, but it works the exact same way minus the drop down bar at the top. There are also a few sound issues but for a MW2 starved junkie it works.

The point is it is running on a win XP loaded partition. Thank God.

That well and good that you have your fix but I have the 'titanium edition' which does not have the DOS version. Help!

i tried this with my game and it did not work when i unselected everything. what do i do????????????????????

Hello. I tried this with my game, and it worked, but I have no sound. Anyway around this? The music does play during the missions, though. Not in the menus or movies.

Thanks in advance.