Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spartan1o5

my video card ati radeon sappire 9200se atlantis 128 bit

my video card worked before but all of a suuden wen i turned it off and used it again it said the ati control panel failed to intalise because no ati driver is installed, or ati driver is not working properly. the ati control panel will now exit"and it worked before and wen i put the moniter plug into the video card blue plug and turn it on it would say no signal input so i would have to use the bad video card intalled into the motherboard so i need help

Okay, now, in your BIOS, is your Onboard Video DISABLED? Because that could cause your computer to become extremely confused.

Check and let me know. Also, what are your system specs?

wat is bios.my pc is a emachines[crappy]t2482,amd atholon xp 80 gb harddrive.srry i am not that good in computers=[

Well, when you first hit the button to turn on your computer, you'll see a black screen with lots of white writing, this is your system booting up and accessing the motherboard's integrated memory, which contains a program called a BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) usually, to enter the BIOS, hit the DELETE key or the F1 key. You'll be taken to a blue screen, with many tabs. There are many different BIOS builds out there, so I can't give you a general layout of one, but browse around it (DO NOT change anything, if you do accidentally change something, exit the BIOS without saving) locate the option "Onboard VGA Controller" (or something similar, they are often different, if you're not sure, post the ones you think are the right ones, and I'll tell you which one, don't change anything unless you're sure about it) and set it to DISABLED. Now, if you change anything in the BIOS, and it's the wrong setting, it can really screw you over and make your computer very unhappy. So don't do that.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes, I'm here for another few days at least.

i did never change it. so thanx for the help although i nver did it thanx!ill try it later

but also if i do diabable and my ati wont work than i am screwed?or is there a way to turn it back on with no display.lol

sumtimes wen i turn it off then turn it back on it says no signal input that goes for both except sumthimes my onboard graphics work, sumtime,nver for my ati=[.used to work though

Well, if you DO manage to screw up your BIOS completely, or your video stops working completely, there is usually a thing called a jumper on your motherboard that you can set so that the next time you boot your computer it will completely reset your BIOS. You'll have to dig up a manual for your motherboard to locate it, and it should be simple to go from there.

As for your signal input errors, make sure your monitor is only plugged into your ATI card after you disable your onboard video, and, in a lot of cases, you'll have to uninstall your onboard video's drivers in Windows.

Anyways, sorry for the late reply, I've been away for the last few weeks.

there is a way i can uninstall the onboard graghics but now my pc doesnt work now no graphic

ps. i am use in my friends pc

the pc got workin but now i cant seem to get my ati workin.it said found new hardware i click it and it says a lot of stuff.one thing it said is if this hardware came wit a disc please insert now i did but didnt work.but i haven tried ur way...