Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yakabod

Seems like my network is looking for something during startup...

when loading up windows xp ever thing seems to run normal till i rollover my taskbar and the time capsule just shows. It then takes 1-2 minutes to load up my taskbar and my internet. Im running a workgroup or network with my sister in the other room and dont know if thats causing it.

thanks.

It really depends on two things 1) what your system is loading in the background and 2) how you are networked to your sister.

Check to see what processes are running. Hold down Ctrl-Shift-ESC and look at them. To see what is in the startup area click on the Start button, click on Run and then type msconfig and his enter. It is in the Startup area that most often processes placed there by spyware get a foothold and place things whick slow a system down.

If you are using a firewall, you need to configure it so that your sister's machine is in a trusted zone (if, in fact, you do trust her).

Finally, tell us how you and your sister are networked. Are you using a router?

i know its nothing with the startup i been through that phase and it seems fine.

me and my sister arae on a wireless router powered by the living room computer. before i set up my sister on the network i havent had this problem. but now that i did, for some reason its taking a while for the internet to load now. and also there are times when i just dont have connection.

i know its nothing with the startup i been through that phase and it seems fine.

me and my sister arae on a wireless router powered by the living room computer. before i set up my sister on the network i havent had this problem. but now that i did, for some reason its taking a while for the internet to load now. and also there are times when i just dont have connection.