Compatible Support Forums
risuchan

Problems running the 11th hour.

I recently repurchased this game for the nostalgic value it offered, since I liked it when I was younger. I got the 11th hour patch from this site, and the game installs and runs. However, The walking animations around the mansion seem to be EXTREMELY fast, and I cannot see the pieces of the puzzles when they are not part of an animation. They just vanish. Any ideas on how I can fix this, or what the problem may be? I will post and system data that you require to help solve the problem, please dont hesitate to ask. Note: I have dosbox in case i need it, as I heard it can help with the configuration files.

Thanks in advance.

~Risuchan

Download this:

11th Hour DirectX player (beta!)

http://cheatz.spieletips.de/cgi-bin/rate...file=11hwin.zip

Extract files from zip to your 11th hour installation folder and try running v32win.exe. With compatiblity mode (assuming that you got XP or 2000?), create shortcut for the executable, then select properties of it. On compatiblity tab, select some operating system (2000,98,ME,95) from the box.

Originally posted by Wilhelmus:

Quote:
Download this:

11th Hour DirectX player (beta!)

http://cheatz.spieletips.de/cgi-bin/rate...file=11hwin.zip

Extract files from zip to your 11th hour installation folder and try running v32win.exe. With compatiblity mode (assuming that you got XP or 2000?), create shortcut for the executable, then select properties of it. On compatiblity tab, select some operating system (2000,98,ME,95) from the box.

I've done all that you said but I still have the same problem. Any chance that running the video config program that comes with the game. (UV config) has something to do with it? Or is it possible that my version of direct x is too new?

This is an old post but maybe somebody else has come up with an answer. I'm having the same problem risuchan had. I haven't tried to slow it down yet or the patch as above because it didn't seem to work for him and I'm about to go to bed. Wondering if anyone else has a better idea. I'm using windows XP. Thanks.

Nope. Not just you. Happened to me last night too. I think the Beta is over now considering the game releases today.