Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RobGoo

New Beta Drivers for Aureal Vortex 2 Crashing

I downloaded the new drivers from Aureal for my SQ2500 and they crash my system when I enable 4 speakers in the control panel applet. I am sure I installed them correctly because I now have SP/DIF out. Has anyone else experianced this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

there is no fix. These drivers are simply the 2048 drivers (which are compatible with 9x/NT/2000 but aureal hasn't finished testing them yet) with and .inf file put together by someone else. he didn't know how to incorporate the EAX support or the 4 spkr support into the .inf file. and when he found out, he left the .inf packed the way he had it instead of starting over. so wait for the offical release from Aureal, all these features will work right once they release an .inf that is offical.

I guess I can't be too unhappy, at least now i have SP/DIF out.

MSGuy (aka RobGoo at work)

Can anyone tell me where to get these drivers? I'd like them even if they're beta.

Thanks.

I guess asking you to use the SEARCH link would be too much? I also guess that finding POST REPLY was much much easier than looking for the SEARCH link??

But I'll be nice and give you the link anyway...

http://saturn.spaceports.com/~a3dfan/w2k/

Next time, use the SEARCH link first.

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions