Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LinnieLeigh

Somethings Broke Dont know what but I have an Idea

OK so here is the prob!!!!

I basically threw a comp together with tons of different names brand things etc.

At first everything was fine when I was completely finished about maybe a week or two or three things went horribly wrong!

Drivers stopped working for my Video Card stuff wouldnt install and sure of no virus. THEN it started to get worse. The Stupid blue error screen would come up and the system would restart. It doesnt even give me enough time to read the error screen all I can read before it restarts is that there was a device error. WEnt into device manager nothing wrong except a WAN port that I disabled which I didnt think would do this anyways. I am running in safe mode right now and so far no blue screen but ack! Help! I think it might be my video card but not sure. The problem will start out slow and the more I use my comp the more it seems to break! Now I cant even get past the little windows load screen... either right before the log in screen comes up or right after I log in the computer displays the error and the restarts. Here are the specs

ATI All-In-Wonder 9600

Motherboard(all I remember is it has an Nvidia chip set)

AMD Athalon 2400+

Audigy G Sound Blaster

Creative Speakers-uninstalled software because was last thing to install.

Maxtor 160G HD

2- 512 RAM

X Connect 500WT PowerSupply

Aopen Dual Layer DVD Burner

Any Ideas? Mother board with chipset and processor not liking the the Video Card?

OK, you need to turn off automatic reboot to see what error the BSOD is giving. To do this, go to the Control Panel, open "System", click on the "Advanced" tab, click the "Startup & Recovery" button and untick the option that says "Automatically reboot"

If the problem gets worse as time goes on, it sounds like a cooling problem. Is your CPU fan seated properly? Are the case fans working OK?

Is it triggered by anything in particular?

Let us know the results of the BSOD and we'll try to help smile

Hmmm. I've had similar problems, and they've almost always stemmed from the AGP Bus becoming overloaded far too easily. I agree with AndyFair, send the results of the BSOD, and, open up the case again and look for the motherboard manufacturer and model number, should be right out in plain view.