Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rzarektah

MTGO on Virtual PC 7 dont want to log on !!!! need help !!!! i use XP PRO on VPC

hi, my names is Francis, and my Username on magiconline is Rzarektah. First of all, i have to tell you all my english is not really good so i could make some mistakes in this message...

MY PROBLEM IS; I CAN NOT LOG ON THE PROGRAM/SERVER TO PLAY ONLINE...

I downloaded the program to play magic online, on the offical Wizard of the coast web site. Then, obvously, i pay $9.99 to register to "www.wizardonlinestore.com" (sorry i forgot the exact url) to be able to play online... I have to let you know i am on macintosh, and i run the program on Virtual PC 7, using Windows XP PRO.VPC7 was made by Mircrosoft, and i run any Windows application whitout problem.. i its not supose to be the problem. Plus i heard that many ppl have used VPC for MTGO.

Ok then, i had buy the entire 8th edition, on the online store, whit a coupon i receive when i register... So, my User ID, and password work great on the online store. I can log in...

But, i went to play whit the cards i just buy.. so i start my program. i got the main menu where i see "log on", "deck editor" and "collection"

theres is 2 problem

1) first, when i go on my cards collection, i see no cards ! i dont really understand why, or how i am suppose to add cards to my collection ??? i buy the 8th edition set.. i am suppose to have this in my collection..

2) and MY BIGGEST PROBLEM; I use the same password that i use on the online store ( i guess i have to use this one) but i've never been able to connect to the server or play a game on this program. Its always said something like that; " Your connection stopped, try again latter if the server is down.... bla bla bla"...

PLEASE, can someone help me ?? This is my last try... im so tired now its like 2 week im turning around... THANKS IN ADVANDCE !!!!!!!!!

Do you have the VPC virtual machine setup to use a "virtual switch", or is it setup for NAT? These are networking options, and using NAT would let you go places, but not let you host anything. Also, if you are using OSX 10.4, you might have issues with VPC since the updated networking APIs break some apps.

hmmm im not really sure to understand what you talking about (NAT). Ans im on osx 10.3. i ask the same question to Wizard of the Coast (companie who made MTG0) and they said i have to open a port in my firewall... and set up my internet explorer to accept all coockie..

i've done this and i disabled my entire firewall just for testing it.... i still cannot log on the server to play a game of Magic.. i've try many things.. now i really dont know what could be the problems...

im so lost ;(