Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ScinteX

Crazy Frog

Im not usually easily annoyed but I just have to say that the Crazy Frog/Axel F advert on the site has really got to me!

There I was just browsing some posts and BOOM - that ******ing tune came out of my speakers!

Im all for adverts (i appreciate the situation) but could we have an advert with no sound? I know I could disable sounds when browsing but its just the surprise of it all that annoyed me the most. Hopefully by me entering "crazy frog" a few times in this post it will generate a few more hits via Google anyway!!!!

Anyway I now feel better after my little rant laugh

::-peace-::

ps- if I type "parent directory" "index of" "crazy frog axel f.mp3" "port 80" "apache" do you think the view count of this post might go through the roof? lol

i assume you mean those dreaded mosue over banners?

If anyone has any kind of petition to ban crazy frog, lemme sign it ASAP!

laugh

Quote:

http://www.petitiononline.com/cfrs/petition.html

Removal of The Crazy Frog

To: MTV UK

"We" (The undersigned) demand that the "Crazy Frog" mobile phone advert be removed from TV (MTV UK & other TV networks & stations) indefinitely. We also demand compensation for days of endless mental trauma from this horrid advert. In addition to the removal of the "Crazy Frog" advert, we also demand removal of all ring tone adverts from TV.

Compensation may come in one of the following.

(i) Public execution of the creator of the crazy frog.

(ii) Public execution of the person whole stole the sound sample.

(iii) A free lunch to the limit of €9.99

Originally posted by ScinteX:

Quote:
Im not usually easily annoyed but I just have to say that the Crazy Frog/Axel F advert on the site has really got to me!

Sorry, I was not aware that audio ads are showed frown. I will disable this ASAP but need to know on which page and where these ads appear.

Originally posted by Malaris:

Quote:
i assume you mean those dreaded mosue over banners?

Mouse over? Are you taking about the IntelliTXT text ads that highlight up to 4 words per page? IMHO they are not really that annoying. Bear in mind that without these ads it would be not possible to run this website popup free. I am sure ScinteX mean a banner ad with audio after IntelliTXT text links have no sound.

The bloody thing annoys the crap out of me too, just imagine how many idiots must be buying it, they put the f'ing advert on twice during one break on some channels, and on some it's back to back! Frog isnt THE most annoying though, that damn stupid dragon thing annoys me more, so does that chick. ;(

Ah to hell with it, burn all mobile ringtone adverts! laugh

Hi Philipp thx for posting back.

Just to make it crystal clear im really really not moaning as such and adverts arent a big deal normally!

The ad is the one on the right of the screen under the heading of 'sponsor'- I saved the page (it just displayed again)- it links to

http://bannerfarm.ace.advertising.com/ba...mnum=0000268139

RE: mouse over, yes it *appears* to activate sound when you mouse over it however the other day it just started playing all by itself!

Thx for listening Philipp- of course it wont drive me away lol i have been here too long smile

Have fun laugh

On which page appear these ads? On the main pages or the forums?

oh dear oh dear! What is the world coming to? I know I might be insulting every teeny bopper out there but surely you cannot be sitting at home listening to this?!

Originally posted by ScinteX:

Quote:
do you think the view count of this post might go through the roof? lol

smile