Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BARTICLE

Music CD

Problem: Although I have several programs for playing music or audio CDs, they don't work. My sound card works fine. But when I try to look at the files in a music CD using Konqueror, it looks like an empty CD drive. When I pop a CD into the drive, KSCD starts automatically, but then generates an error message. I'm using Mandrake 10.1 with KDE. Anybody know what the matter could be??? laugh

Did you mount the cd before trying to play it with kscd?

Right click in the cd-rom that has your music cd inside and select mount.

Well, Crusader, your suggestion led me to discover how to play a music cd, just not exactly the way you suggest. The cd is already mounted - the shortcut icon leads to /mnt/cdrom. I have no problem accessing the cd rom, or examining data files. When I right-click on the icon, "mount" is not one of the options. However, another option is Actions/Open with Kaffeine. I tried that; the cd immediately began playing. The reason I had not tried Kaffeine previously was that it doesn't appear in the Multimedia list of programs. Several others do, including Amarok, Kmid and Rosegarden, but none of those seem to work. Okay, for the time being I am happy without trying to figure this out. As long as it works. laugh