Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Narmacil

Nvidia drivers and ALi or Via chipsets in win2k. any success

I have seen alot of people talking about drivers working and not working with different hardware setups and it seems that tnt/tnt2s with super7 mobos dont work. I was wondering if no one with this setup has got nvidia drivers to work, or if there are some people out there that do have win2k working. What did you do? and whats your system config.

my main components are

Fic pa-2013 r1.2 - Via mvp3 chipset

AMD k6-2 500

Diamond TNT2 Ultra

and im failing miserably trying to get nvidia drivers working (or if theres some way to get ogl and d3d working without nvidias drivers)

Try using NT4 drivers. I've got a FIC va-503+, Stb velocity 4400 (TNT) and have never got any of the win2k drivers to work.

The latest release of the nvidia NT4 drivers are perfect for ddraw and opengl.

Also make sure you graphics card has an IRQ using the system info console, and also make sure that there are no more than 2 devices using the same interrupt. If you find you have all of the PCI devices on the same irq you have a problem.

please ofcourse my bios stuff and hardware is set up right ;-P I am assuming its a problem between the nvidia drivers and via/ali chipsets (again... this happened befor in win98 if i recall right) i was just wondering if anyone with this combo got nvidia drivers to work smile

Yea, kind of...i have an Alladin V and a TNT2 (non ultra). The only drivers working for me are the detonator 3.66, the Elsa W2K beta (december 99 build, not the new ones based on det.3.76 !) and the ones currently in use from www.joytech.com

I'm getting pretty fed up with Nvidia, they can't seem to get their s*** together for a damn stable piece of code (the sad part is most manufacturers use Nvidia builds for their own drivers...)

DAMMIT!

Actually the NT 4.0 drivers work rather well, on my Via chipset with a Diamond Viper...

I believe that the problem is with Via's implementation, because the problem seems to be in the AGP interface. The same incompatibility appeared on 95/98 (i think it was corrected on SE), and it was indeed a via tech's problem. A simple "driver" solved the problem.

I guess that the only thing to do is to wait for via to release some drivers for win2k...i just hope it doesn't take too long...