Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

Recording video into the computer from TV.

I have comcast on-Demand cable and I want to be able to copy in and burn the 4th season of Curb your Enthusiasm. I bought all the other DVD's but the 4th season is not yet on disc.

What hardware would I need to capture the live video into my computer as it is playing on the tv?

I want to keep this setup real cheap if possible. Any ideas?

AVerMedia M150 PCI TV & FM Tuner Card Windows XP MCE NR

around $20 somthing on ebay right now.. High bidder with an hour to go laugh

Any graphics card with VIVO should work fine - you may be able to pick up something like a cheap ATI AIW card - something a few generations behind the current batch should work okay (I use an AIW 9200 for my HTPC, and haven't had any problems - it's even running without the fan for quietness)

Just pipe the output from the STB into the graphics card. There are several programs out there to record from the video input.

Yes that is true but quality will be an issue if you get a cheap card. I have used a wide variety of cards and the cheap ones are a waste of money and time. If you spend a bit more on a more recent tv tuner card (usb or internal)you will get much better results with our encodes.

Look at something from ATI. I currently use the TV Wonder USB as it's portable but I think they just came out with something using a newer HD chip.

S