Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kainnomercy

need help urgent direct 9.0c in winxp sp2

I've problmes with directx 9.0c.

i can't instal directx in win xp sp2 what i´ve to do someone helpe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wen i gona to instal dirctx 9 the stup din´t show the instalation of directx 9.0.c and wen i go to the Dxdiag show that i have the dx 5 and i cant play some games like world of warcraft,.

plz help me.....

OK, for starters, please only post your question once - multiple postings won't necessarily get your problem solved any quicker.

Secondly, calm down and tell us exactly what your problem is in plain English.

Are you saying that you can't install DirectX 9.0c in Windows XP SP2? If I remember right, SP2 already includes 9.0c, why would you want to install it again? If your games are complaining about not having 9.0c installed, I would uninstall SP2 and reinstall it. If you're having problems with "The Cabinet cannot be trused" messages, take a look here for a solution.

What makes you think you have DirectX 5 installed? As far as I'm aware, Windows XP comes with DirectX 8 as the base version - so there's no way you could have DirectX 5 installed. What it could mean is that you have some very old drivers installed - you may want to make sure that your video card, sound card drivers etc. are upgraded to the latest versions.

kainnomercy, I think that you think that DX5 is installed because of the versions of files and the version of DXDiag. What's important is the value returned as the DirectX Version on the System tab of DXDiag.

Besides, DirectX 9.0c has the version number 4.09.0000.0904 (I'm guessing it's a version number) next to it.

Confused already?