Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
s0l1d

Slipstream Windows Server 2003 3-in-1 CD

I've got a Windows Server 2003 3-in-1 CD and I'm getting a new server computer. Since Win2k3 SP1 is out, I'd like to slipstream the SP1 into the installation CD. However, the slipstream guides I've seen are for a CD with only 1 edition of Windows. Plus, if I copy the entire CD's content out, it is more than 700MB. It seems that the files duplicated on multiple editions are stored only one copy on the CD and are linked/listed within each edition's folders.

I've done slipstreaming of a single Windows edition CD before (e.g. XP, 2000, Server 2000). However, I'm not familiar with creating a CD where duplicate files of over 700MB are relinked.

Does anyone know how to do this?

[Edited by s0l1d on 2005-05-05 13:58:14]

I didn't know it was Warez!? My boss gave me this CD and tell me to check it out when the computer arrives next week.

I've heard before that MSDN people can download similar multi-edition CDs direct from Microsoft site. However, I don't know if it is true or not.

So far, everywhere I looked "3 in 1" refers to the leaked/illegal/pirated VKL version.

Does your cds have the holographic/reflective display like most MS cds?

No it doesn't have holographic label on the CD as it is a self-burnt CDR. But if it is a downloaded from MSDN, then there won't be holographic labels and you'll have to burn it yourself anyway.

I don't know the source of the CD as it was my boss that gave it to me. He wanted me to test the new computer next week with Windows Server 2003 before deploying this computer. We did the same thing with Windows XP. He gave me a CD (burnt copy), we tested it, then we bought like 5 computers (with legit copies) to do a full replacement of old Windows 98s.

MS doesn't release 3-IN-1 CD's. Just think about it and why they wouldn't do it. They would be releasing 3 "different" versions of 2003 on one CD....why would they do that? Answer: They wouldn't.

I've experimented a little bit with making my own 3-in-1 but I've never tried to slipstream one.

Your option:

1. Aquire a list of the original 2003 files for each version. Create seperate copies of all 3 2003, slipstream

em, creat new 3-in-1.

2. Buy the original 2003 CD's, slipstream 'em, create 3-in-1.

If this is a business (don't mention it here) then it would behoove you to get a license for 2003.

Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:
MS doesn't release 3-IN-1 CD's. Just think about it and why they wouldn't do it. They would be releasing 3 "different" versions of 2003 on one CD....why would they do that? Answer: They wouldn't.

It also demonstrates how little difference there is between all the different versions of Windows! wink

Download a program called AutoStreamer. Just select the original Windows disk, the service pack, and it does the rest.

Originally posted by Wicked101:

Quote:
Hmmmm, I've got a Tech-net Windows 2000 3 in 1 CD, and thats from Microsoft.

Then the one my boss gave me must be a similar thing for Windows Server 2003. Would that be beta/demo/trial versions only?

Originally posted by s0l1d:

Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked101:

Quote:
Hmmmm, I've got a Tech-net Windows 2000 3 in 1 CD, and thats from Microsoft.

Then the one my boss gave me must be a similar thing for Windows Server 2003. Would that be beta/demo/trial versions only?

Well, its possible, but not if its a burnt CD, mine is original

Interesting, I've been out of the Technet Plus scene since I left my old job....so no more CD's or access for me! frown This was like 2 yrs ago. Is there any documentation on these MS 3-IN-1 CD's? I find it strange that they would do this.

Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:
Interesting, I've been out of the Technet Plus scene since I left my old job....so no more CD's or access for me! frown This was like 2 yrs ago. Is there any documentation on these MS 3-IN-1 CD's? I find it strange that they would do this.

Nope, no docs, you just get a CD case full of CD's.

The one I have has: (with a serial for each one)

Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro

Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Advanced

Its only for testing purposes though, but its great to have.