Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exxccessive

Connecting to my computer in the office from home

Help Pleease!

i want to access my computer on the office from home, sadly i am not so sure on "how to do it", i am not even sure if its possible. i have no problem with "security stuff" or if the company allows it so let's leave it. so here the details:

Home Pc:

win98 second edition

Dial up

office Pc:

Win XP Pro

Dsl

Help please..

Thank you very much in advance.....

You could use Virtual Private Network (VPN) between home and office PCs.This system use encryption and other security mechanisms to ensure that only authorized user(s) can access the network and that the data cannot be intercepted.

vpn-network2.gif

[size:1]Image courtesy Cisco Systems, Inc.[/color]

Quote:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/vpn.htm

Basically, a VPN is a private network that uses a public network (usually the Internet) to connect remote sites or users together. Instead of using a dedicated, real-world connection such as leased line, a VPN uses "virtual" connections routed through the Internet from the company's private network to the remote site or employee. In this article, you will gain a fundamental understanding of VPNs, and learn about basic VPN components, technologies, tunneling and security.

even though im not sure if it'll work with dial-up modem to dsl network setup i will give it a try....

Thank you very much for your concern my friend...

Gratitude....