Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iamroot

multifunction printers and GNU/Linux

Do multifunction printers work with GNU/Linux? Cos I'm thinking of getting a Canon PIXMA MP110 All-in-One printer which can print,scan and copy. I have a feeling it won't work with GNU/Linux but i've gotta hope! Anyone?

Not always easily, but some have had success with certain brands. See Linux Printing and take a look around. Do a search in google on linux and the name of your printer.

I've got a hp 2110xi psc printer/scaner/copier yada yada..and it works golden. i guess my only complaint is that whenever i want to use it as scanner i have to turn it off then back on(so it resets with the different driver)...but it works quite well and is no hassle setting up, takes about 5 minutes to set the entire thing up.

Daum

Apparently only Hp all-in-one printers work decently with GNU/Linux. Too bad, I was hoping to get a Canon.

I use an Epson CX5400 and it works great - CUPS for printing and sane for scanning. Mtink tells me the ink levels. I have used it successfully with Madrake 9.2, 10.1 and now with Mandriva LE 2005.

I'm getting a Canon MP110 and connecting it to my 2nd com with Windows-installed on it.

I've got an Epson CX3200, works fine but a little slow with Mandrake 10.1 but works faster under Ubuntu 5.04. Thing is though, everything works with Ubuntu apart from Open Office which doesn't pick the printer up at all. Not a problem with Mandrake!

I have an old HP T45 that works very well. Much better than a newer Lexmark I have.