Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VirusPunk

Need help converting Windows XP Pro (Chinese) To English

I Just recently obtained Windows XP Professional edition legally (paid for), and little did I know I installed a Chinese version, and now I need help converting it from Chinese to English, because I am certainly not going to pay lots of money to buy an English version, so please don't reply telling me to buy another one.

All I really need is a program of some sort that will convert my Chinese Edition to English without any problems or paying any money. Please don't refer me to microsoft.com because I tried there many times and it didn't help.

(PS: The day I installed this it was in English, before installing this I selected English (United States) and yet it installed in chinese so I am in need of help please respond ASAP)

Thanks.

It sounds like you bought a Chinese version, cant you give it back and get the English version?

You cannot 'convert' one language of XP to another. You need to return the software back and get the English language version.

IF what you have is a "Legal Version" then you have all the right to return it back. It doesn't suit your need so why stick to it.... If you are in a democratic country i'll assume that the "no return no exchange policy" is not an excuse for greedy merchants..

or you can spend a little more $$$ on some "Legal Version" third party programs, which (if you're in true bad luck) might be written in russian. who knows....

throw it back to them and take your money...

mushi mushi

Originally posted by exxccessive:

Quote:
mushi mushi

虫 虫

In English: insect - insect. Or bug - bug. smile

(You probably do not see the japanese characters)

Ya probably meant "moshi moshi", which is a phrase that is commonly used in Japan when answering a phone.

Originally posted by theefool:

Quote:
Ya probably meant "moshi moshi", which is a phrase that is commonly used in Japan when answering a phone.

No, i was refering to the third planet from the sun whis is commony called earth...

Full of Mush (exxccessively sentimental) creatures.

Buenos dias y senioritos y senioritas

Dondes estas dela casillas

arigato gosaimas (huh)

HAI

Originally posted by edisonlivica:

Quote:
you need to install the MUI pack of your win XP.

Edison has been suggesting this from the begining of the thread why don't you give it a try... it's the simplest, shortest, logical, economical solution. i guess.

i thnk it might help,

- Go to Control Panel,

- switch to classic view

- Select Regional and language Options

- Select Advanced

- Under "language for Non Unicode program"

- Select "English- United State" or "English -United Kingdom"

- then click apply

- click OK then restart ur PC....

It won't change all Windows to a fully English version but 80 -90 % text and mess. in ur windows will be converted to english.

Hope this wil help u

Buy WordBanker English-Chinese(Simplified).

WordBanker is a unique and fun method of helping you to learn a foreign language. Rather than bog you down with complicated grammar it deals only with building a vocabulary. Trouble memorising new words or phrases ? WordBanker's "Visual Clue" method of testing means you learn without you even realising. English to Chinese or Chinese to English. Can be used by Engllish people to learn Chinese or Chinese people to learn english.

You can buy it with discount here -> http://aonid.biz/home_and_education/common/12230-16/