Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thtr2k

Web browser for DI-624+ Wireless Router

Does anyone know what i did wrong? I have setup my connection as follow: cable -> router (4 ports)-> ethernet cards. with this setup any of the PCs with in my network are working fine with the net and sharing infomation. But when i tried to set up a web browser or an FTP server, the problem comes up.

1) when i ran "cmd -> Ipconfig /all" only the ips of my network showed up, but not the isp ip(203.22.45.xxx)

2) "web browser & FTP" i can't assign my ISP IP (203.22.45.xxx). what i can do is put in my private IP: 192.168.0.100. With this private Ip i know that it only works for intranet.What i wanted to occur is to let other people (friends or mysefl) to access my network (FTP and web server) from work. So does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

thanks,

Ok, I dont have too much experience with this, but you could try the following.

Go to the settings of your router, go to "advanced" and then "DMZ", add the IP of your web server and click ok.

Then open your web browser and go to, or click here http://www.whatismyip.com/ and then give them the IP.

this is what I did for my friends to see my webpage.

But there is some people here with much more experience than me, I would also like to hear what they have to say for a bit more permanent solution.

that particular model comes with presets for virtual ftp server settings. did u try that one? u can also configure the di-624 firewall to allow ftp in and out.

did u turn off any xp forewalls?

If you correctly forwarded port 80 from your router's external IP to your server's IP and it still doesn't work, your ISP probably blocks port 80.

Try changing the port your webserver listens on to something else, like 443 or 8080.

To get to your site, you will have to type:

http://externaladdress:443