• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stOn3r

stOn3r

stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:26 AM

Hey guys, i got everything installed fine, when i login and run "startx" i get a few errors, i will try to copy/paste them or they may be hand typed so dont mind characters if they dont look right...

using config file "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
using VT 7
(EE) No Devices Detected.

Fatal Server Error:
No Screens Found

X10: Fatal IO Error 104 (connection reset by peer) on X Server ":0.0"
after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

[st0n3r@localhost st0n3r$]

now ive ran xf86config and went through and tried a few different things and still same thing, ive got an abit geforce fx5600 w/ 256ddr, also have a 15" lcd KDS Rad5 monitor that runs on 1024x768 in windows.

please any advice..
ive also tried running hardrake and XFdrake but get bash command not found, pls help me...

#2 stOn3r

stOn3r

stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:35 AM

come on guys, theres been 15 views and not 1 comment frown

ive switched distro's to debian, got the same error, now i am installing SuSE 9.1 and i can bet i get the same error, it will keep happening till one of you who view this thread reply to it, please give me a hand here. im going nuts...

#3 stOn3r

stOn3r

stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:15 PM

well ive solved my own problem, i installed suse 9.1 and the hardware detector listed me as using an s3 card, but i guess since i am using virtual pc to host the operating system that is what it has to use, went through rest of process and all is smooth.

#4 Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

addict

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:57 PM

linux noob here but when i installed manny 10.1/10.2 with that card i used the "nv" driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq