Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oliverkazaam41

Increasing access to windows XP inbound connections.

Hi everyone I am new here. I just want to ask if theres a way to increase the inbound connection of Windows XP pro which is only limited to 10 connections simulteanuesly. Please reply soon I really need help.

It's not a 10 connection limit; what SP2 does is limit you to 10 new connections per second.

However, if you want to change that, there are numerous utilities on the internet for changing the limit to 50 or unlimited.

gtwannabe

"However, if you want to change that, there are numerous utilities on the internet for changing the limit to 50 or unlimited."

can u let u know some of this utilities?

thanks a million

Wait, are you talking about the Windows sharing limit or the XP SP2 TCP/IP connection limit?

Use at your own risk. OR just backup your computer first, then try NTswitch. I've read that it can and I've read that it causes problems converting XP pro to "server". Which increases your internet connections and gives you a memory leak.

http://www.dotproject.org/news.php?action=read&id=80

Also, I believe this limit started back when NT came out. 98 supposedly has no limit.

So, this limit is based on CALs or Client Access Licenses. Though, server maybe unlimited, I believe you would have to purchase the number of CALs that the server can use. Of course the above is a shady or perhaps illegal way to circumvent this. Not sure on that.