Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iamroot

no sound when playing streaming mdia with mplayer-plugin

I'm using FC3 now with Firefox 1.0.2. I installed the mplayer -plugin to watch quicktime trailers and it works fine except for the fact that there is no sound at all. Could this be a problem with mplayer or the settings on my PC?

What happens when you are trying to play a video or movie straight with the MPlayer interface? Have you tried this...can you hear sound?

Can you hear any other sounds in your system, such as when you use XMMS for example. If you can hear sound, then of course your sound server and sounce card are working perfecly fine in your system....otherwise it might just be that your system needs to recognize your sound card.

Let us know first what you'v achieved so far.

The sound works perfectly when i play a video using mplayer. Sound works fine everywhere else.

hehe, you know last night I didn't even look who posted this thread, but this morning I just looked and it is you "iamroot". I don't think I'm qualified to help you (j/k man), but which distro do you are using in which you're having this problem. I think Danleff and Dapper Dan will have to help you with this...hehe

It's probably just a codec thing.

If you do not have solution yet, try downloading one qt movie and try playing it via console (mplayer ~/movie.mov). Are there any error messages?

Where are your codecs located, in /usr/local/lib/codecs/ ?

And, see/try this: http://home.comcast.net/~mikemehl/FC/fc1.html, scroll to "mplayer dlls" section.