Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hollywood63

I finally got it installed BUT i need help

Ok I finally got my mandrake 9 installed laugh But i can't log on when i get to the part were it wants a login and password it won't go past that screen. I type in Root for a login and the my password but it says login incorrect any ideas. And also is there a way to go around all the dos type screens before the login and get right to the good stuff

Thanks Art

Quote:
Ok I finally got my mandrake 9 installed laugh But i can't log on when i get to the part were it wants a login and password it won't go past that screen. I type in Root for a login and the my password but it says login incorrect any ideas. And also is there a way to go around all the dos type screens before the login and get right to the good stuff
Thanks Art

Are you sure you cap locks key is not on and that you are logging in correctly? BTW, logging in as root is a bad idea. Create a user account as soon as you can and use that for day to day use of the system.

Well I got it to boot automatically I had to reinstall the OS and made a boot disk this time :x now every time it boots and gets to the main screen it asks for the root password for the control center or what ever one is controlling the internet connection. how do you stop that or is it normal