Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shell_Shock

Jeff waynes the war of the worlds - tweaking AI diffculty?

Hey guys, im new here sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Any way i recently been playing 'jeff wayes the war of the worlds' by Rage.

Now iv managed to get this brilliant game working under XP (searching google for a XP fix actully the way i was brought to this forum) I sadly find it too easy to complete!

While reading through the same thread that helped me get this game working on XP, a few people mentioned how they have edited a few varibles in some of the game files to increase the over all diffculty of game. I was woundering how i might go about doing this my self? heres a quote from the thread to help you all get an idea of what i mean:

Quote:
after two or three days trail and erroring the reg entrys..i have managed to get something workable going..

even tho strangely only four pods landed at the start of the campaign (no idea quite what controls that as yet)

these four pods have allready out built my forces and are proceeding to kick my butt right the way back to London..i mean they are absolutely awesome..(in the spirit of the book)

i have set the reg usng these entrys

agression 9.9

ai build 9.9

frontline attract1 12.0

frontline attract2 12.0

outnumber force 0.5 (try 0.000001 for real wave after wave of relentless attacks)

then increase the

heatray focus beam modifiers

and reduce the impact armour entrys

research rate 105

this will quicky give the marsian hugely improved armour ratings if and when the AI researchs the "ability"

one unit of scouts can then very nealy wipe out any base or units that don't prepare to the utmost degree AND constantly re-inforce as if the first attack fails before you can repair another attack begins untill the Base is lost or the AI turns it's attention else where..

it plays a little more like survival horror..which is appropiate

i dont know if the AI is beatable like this but that's the whole point! not knowing if you can win is the nub of the games tension..and really brings the storyline home..

to quote another story/film..

"we're going to need a bigger boat"

apart from that ive set the time of day

entry in game to 1 just to see what that might be refering to..

This is pretty much all i want to do, change the reg enterys in my war of the worlds to the same listed above, plus play around with them a bit.

link to the thread:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread25988-2.html

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

So basically all you have to do is fire up the registry editor, modify the appropriate values, and you are all set? Right?

Lol ok ok ive found regedit on me PC laugh

Now trying to open a few files namely AI.ojd and it wont work because it says its not a reg file, well obvisuly but there dosent seem to be any .reg files in my war of worlds folder so im lost on what to do now frown