Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Makedon

Intel 915GAV mobo SATA problems

Here we go...I`ve just bought a mobo Intel 915GAV.I have installed everything and its working fine just i have noticed that in device menager it shows me the 2 SATA HDD`s which i have 2x(80GB)WD as an IDE hdd with UDMA5...

So i`ve played i bit with that, installing the SATA driver from a floppy into Windows Setup(F6), but still the same thing...So i was wondering if someone can help me with this problem? how to sort it out?

Plus this couple of days i have noticed that when i`m runing in windows the second HDD which i use as storage only, fails to write...or it shows me a msg "failed to write...." and suddenly all of my files dissapears?Does someone has this kind of problems?

Please advice me whith something...

Thanks Please Reply wink

Originally posted by makedon:

Quote:
Here we go...I`ve just bought a mobo Intel 915GAV.I have installed everything and its working fine just i have noticed that in device menager it shows me the 2 SATA HDD`s which i have 2x(80GB)WD as an IDE hdd with UDMA5...

So i`ve played i bit with that, installing the SATA driver from a floppy into Windows Setup(F6), but still the same thing...So i was wondering if someone can help me with this problem? how to sort it out?

Goto BIOS.

There should be two options in the IDE configuration screen: "compatible mode" and "enhanced mode".

Select "compatible mode" or something like that.

You'll need install the drivers BEFORE the XP is installed...

When XP first starts to install it will ask you to press F6 to install SCSI or other drivers. Press F6 then install the SATA drivers from floppy. After they load it will finish the OS install.

Quote:

Plus this couple of days i have noticed that when i`m runing in windows the second HDD which i use as storage only, fails to write...or it shows me a msg "failed to write...." and suddenly all of my files dissapears?Does someone has this kind of problems?

Please advice me whith something...

Thanks Please Reply wink

I had this on my IDE drive... but my OS (XP) was a mess at the moment and I was starting to reformat it... smile

After OS reinstallation this have not occured again.

Hi...

I got a problem with my sata and my intel 915gav mobo.

First i intalled windows xp sp2, and it worked a couple of hours. After it, i decided to format, but i couldn't... like a disk problem. I intalled the sata on a intel 865g chipset, and it let me do partitioning and formatin.

I decided to reinstall the sata in my i925gav, but at the final of the installation of wxp sp2, everything was like after the first intallation... Should i get some "bios drivers" or what? Sincerelly i don't know what to do.

Note: My Sata is a seagate barracuda.

I'll apreciate help for this.

One, make sure you have the latest and greatest bios.

Two, make sure you have the latest and greatest drivers for you sata drive.....