Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
usafdon

Supraexpress 56e PRO (Serial) will not work with V.92 Call Waiting Software

I have a Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO Ext. Serial Modem (P/N SUP 2312)that works fine and locks at 45-48K BPS OK with Win XP...but is not recognized as a V.92 Modem capable of "Call Waiting, Modem on hold". The software I'm using is Faxtalk, Modem on Hold. This software works fine with another PCI Soft Modem I have. This faxtalk software does not recognize the SupraExpress 56e PRO as having the " V.92 Modem on hold" capability..but Diamond swears that the modem should work, but has been less than helpful with advice that gets it to work. Got any ideas?

As previously mentioned, the "Faxtalk, Modem on Hold" software does not recognize the SupraExpress 56e PRO Modem as "V.92 Modem on Hold" capable, the modem type & description does not show up as a selection. On the other hand the "Faxtalk, Communicator Software (For sending & receiving FAX's) does work fine and recognizes this Modem.?? Can anyone tell me why this Modem will not work on "Call Waiting, Modem on Hold". I've downloaded and used the latest diamond driver for SUP 2312 (My SuperaExpress 56e PRO Modem), and still no results.

I can't remember exactly, but also your phone company and/or your ISP also have something to do with this.

I've had a computer that had this modem on hold and a modem that supports this. But, it does not work, cause the ISP (or phone company) doesn't support this functionality.

I know it is either the phone company or the isp that controls this.

Originally posted by theefool:

Quote:
I can't remember exactly, but also your phone company and/or your ISP also have something to do with this.

I've had a computer that had this modem on hold and a modem that supports this. But, it does not work, cause the ISP (or phone company) doesn't support this functionality.

I know it is either the phone company or the isp that controls this.

I have a PCI Modem installed in my computer right now, that is working OK with "Call Waiting, Modem on hold" (FAX Talk, Modem on hold, software). My phone company does support V.92 and am using a V.92 dialup phone number OK. When I boot up the computer using the SUP 2312 (SupreExpress 56e PRO Modem)...the Modem on hold software does not recognize the modem as V.92 "Modem on hold Capable"????, but does recognize my V.92 PCI Modem OK??? I got a hunch, but can't prove it, that my latest downloaded supplied Modem driver for the (SUP 2312)Supraexpress 56e PRO Modem is not compatible with Windows XP Home Edition?? Thanks.

Found the solution to the problem where "Faxtalk" software, specifically the "Modem on Hold" Faxtalk Software, will not work with the Supraexpress 56e Pro (SUP2312 Ext. Modem). This software does not recognize the Modem as a V.92 capable Modem. I used a different software package available at $14.95 (One time payment for unlimited usage of software)(NOTE: You can use it and try it for 30 days before you buy it). The package was downloadable and is called "Phone Tray Dialup". I tested this program with the Supraexpress 56e Pro Modem (SUP2312) and it works fine. Thanks.