Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cvc505

exchange activesync issues

I have ju7st installed an exchange e-mail system into my network. I am now at the point of addin in all the periferal devices. I am able to access the mail boxes from my PDA using the web access but when I try to access the exchange server directly over the internet using either the pda active sync or setting up outlook 2003 on my home computer, I get a server not found error. I am so new to this stuff that I don't even know what I don't know. Can anybody help me here?

Regards

CVC505

Use nslookup to see if you can resolve the dns name of your exchange server. If it cannot find it then you need to modify DNS on your network to see it!

Bare with me a moment, I am not sure what Exactly I should be looking for with his command.

More on my last. I tried th nslookup command from a workstation outside my network. I issued the command:

nslookup name specexchng.spectrumprofessional.com

I received a reply the listed the public IP address of my server correctly but underneath the IP address was a line theat said DNS timeout 2 seconds.

I appears to me that my public domain is listed correctly in the dns services --- I think. Is this what I should see?