Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
briskier

Problem with Intel 915GAG and Celeron D please help!!!!!!

I just built a PC, using an intel 915GAG and an Intel Celeron D 2.53Ghz, with 256mg of RAM. I'm using all on onboard components. Once XP is installed I use the intel driver disk to intall drivers and everything works fine until I put on the Video/Graphics Driver, then the machine freezes up with in a few minutes. I know that its the video driver because the machine works fine when I disable them or uninstall them. Oh and I tried a fresh install of XP and downloaded the latest drivers from Intel and still no luck. I also built a machine using the exact same components but with a P4 2.8Ghz HP and I didn't have this problem at all.

Please Help Me!!!!!!!!1

Just for the sake of doing something. Since you said everything was identical between the two computers except for the cpu, have you tried moving the known good cpu to the known bad system, and seeing if there is any difference?

Is the bios revision the same on both boards. This is onboard video?

Okay, it does have onboard video....

Anyway, have you updated the bios to version EV91510A.86A.0401?

Have you tried the 6.14.10.3943 driver for video?

I don't have the P4 anymore, but everyhthing was identical. My company decided to go cheaper with the Celerons...I could switch it out with another Celeron, though. All on-board Audio, LAN, and Video.