Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
amp

compiling 32-bit driver under 64-bit FC3, errors

I'm trying to compile the netodragon 56k driver (from netodragon.com) under 64-bit fedora core 3, and not having much luck. every time I try compiling, I get this error:

Code:
[root@localhost slmodem-2.9.10]# make KERNEL_DIR=/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.766_FC3make -C modem allmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/amp/Desktop/slmodem-2.9.10/modem'gcc -o slmodemd modem_main.o modem_cmdline.o modem.o modem_datafile.o modem_at.o modem_timer.o modem_pack.o modem_ec.o modem_comp.o modem_param.o modem_debug.ohomolog_data.o dp_sinus.o dp_dummy.o dsplibs.o sysdep_common.o/usr/bin/ld: warning: i386 architecture of input file `dsplibs.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

is there any way to work around this without switching back to a 32-bit kernel/distro?

This is really a question for the netodragon folks. If they made the Linux package for 32 bit systems, then they need to guide you through this, or develop a package for 64 bit systems.

well, I would love to find somewhere to email them at, their website is completely useless in that respect it provides basic modem info and drivers, nothing more, which makes this line from the readme pretty ironic:

Quote:
Feedback

========

Please send any feedbacks to NetoDragon. See the NetoDragon

web site for contact information.

I'm going to try emailing smartlink to see if I can get anywhere, although I have no clue if my modem is actually made by them, they appear to be the exact same drivers, with the exception of point to smlink.com and actually giving a tech support email address.

It will be interesting to see what Smartlink says. I did find this page which seems to indicate that there are complications using the driver, without a modification. Of course, this is for Windows. It is apparently an HSF modem, which may work with the Linuxant drivers.

Yeah, it will...I dunno if I even sent it to a valid address, the driver instructions listed support@smlink.com (which I sent it to), but the website has support-usa, etc, so if I hear nothing in a few days, I'll try a different one. The modem has been working fine under windows xp, using the drivers off their site. Thanks for the link though, that clarifies things driver-wise. And about the linuxant drivers, even if they did work, I have absolutely no intention of paying $15 for a driver for a $5 modem...which is why I pulled my rockwell modem out in favor of this one.